#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto;}
We aren't stunning. We aren't usually interesting. We probably aren't normal. But we love each other, and we love where God has us right now. Come visit us, here or in REAL life, and we will sit down and talk. Somehow, we hope you'll be blessed.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The First Day, Part 2

I suppose I should follow up with a summary of his day, or what we know of it. He apparently kindof lost his class a couple of times, once after lunch as everyone was throwing their trash away, he apparently got quite confused about what was going on, and again at the end of school when he should have followed his teacher outside to where we were waiting for him. Somehow he didn't, and by then the big kids were cruising by and Ethan didn't know what was going on. He finally asked a bigger girl, "What are we doing?" At first she said, "I don't know", but then I think she realized he really did need a little help, and she told him he needed to head out the doors to go home. He finally made his way through the crowd, and got a HUGE smile on his face when he saw us! :) That's nice.

He said he made a friend today, and they played together at recess, and sat in the boat in the classroom together. I guess they talked about the fact that they would rather be outside or going home. He really liked his music class, where they were a circus band. :) Sounds interesting. He said there were A LOT of girls at his table, and he didn't sound too happy about that. Lunchtime went ok, but I failed to show him how to open his new water bottle, so he didn't get that figured out. He really likes his carrots and ranch dressing, and wants that again tomorrow. He was truly exhausted when we came home, and the only other complaint he had was that a little girl had come over to him and told him that she didn't like him. He said that hurt his feelings. :( That makes me sad, but I said that maybe he misunderstood, and that next time he should ask why. We discussed it a little, but he was pretty down after that little story. He did remember the silly song that they learned, and all in all he decided it was a good day. We get to do it again tomorrow. He's going to be one tired boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment