
Today is Ethan's first day of kindergarten. He was one excited little boy. I mean BIG boy. I was in the shower just a tad before he got up. Sure enough, a minute later, he came into the bathroom already dressed, whistling away, brushed his teeth, and later I found out that he'd also already made his bed. We'll see how long that lasts. ;) He did specially pick out his Franklin Elementary Foxes t-shirt that we had bought at registration, with his new favorite gray shorts. This kid was so ready for school. While I got breakfast ready, Ethan offered to help with lunch, so I had him go ahead and make his sandwich. I think he's only made his entire sandwich one other time, but he did just great! He wanted to do more, but honestly I wanted to put some things in it for his first day, for a surprise. So, he was banned from the kitchen at that point. He was such a good helper, though, getting everything I asked him to get, and he definitely did not want to be late for school. I thought we had plenty of time when we headed out for our walk to school this morning, but when we were still a block away we heard the first bell ring for the kids to line up. I was so bummed - Jason had come for the send-off, I'd brought my camera, and we were all prepared for some meaningful first-day-of-school memories before he left us. Oh well. We found the right line for him, almost forgot to hand him his lunch, and gave him a quick kiss before he followed his teacher into school. A friend who's daughter is in another class did get a quick shot of Ethan, and he has such a serious face! I didn't see too many smiling kindergarteners at this point. I think they were all feeling the nerves right before they walked into this big building with so many strangers. I'm so excited to hear how the first day went! I'm sure he is loving every single thing about it!
Jason said goodbye and headed off to work at that point, but I stayed for a little longer with the kids and went to a little PTO get-together to meet a few more parents. It was a rather slim showing, but I did get to talk to four other moms, which is good. Caty and I had a nice morning together, then crammed in two grocery stores in between lunch and Levi's naptimes. Hopefully they'll have enough energy for church tonight. Well, that's it for now. Happy first day of school, Ethan!


No comments:
Post a Comment