There he goes. My best friend, off to spend a couple of nights in San Fransisco. Lucky guy. He strictly forbade me from having this baby until he came back. I highly doubt he needs to worry about anything. Still 5 weeks until showtime! (unless the contractions this week have been an indication of something different.) Yesterday we put up the crib and brought in any needed furniture for the baby's room, so it's pretty much ready. Holes patched up, a clean sheet in the crib, clean changing table, clean clothes, clean blankets. I have some decorating ideas, but I'm trying to decide whether or not to just dive in and paint the room first. It could definitely use a coat of paint, but then again, we now have the furniture in there. Maybe someone will just do it for me...
I was going to mention earlier this week that Caty had her first dentist appointment! She was strangely NOT wanting to go at all! I didn't think she would have a problem with it, but apparently she did not enjoy watching Ethan or me get worked over. She handled it well while we were there, except for a brief episode of "Mommy, they aren't nice!" "Yes, they are, Caty. You shouldn't say that about the ladies cleaning your teeth." "But they aren't nice!" And finally bursting into sobs. Thankfully we got it out of her system before the dentist came in to double check the cleaning job.
Jason's birthday was also a big event this week - he's now in his final year of the twenties! I told him he'd better enjoy it. And he did seem to have a great birthday, unusually so. We were out of milk that morning, so he got to have pancakes for breakfast; KC had a big meeting that they held at Lambeau Field, including a tour of the stadium, boxes, and going out to the field; we had delicious shrimp and asparagus for dinner; we had a special cookie cake for dessert (not one of my finer attempts at cake decorating); and to end the night he got to go play basketball and win his game! Wow. What a way to start the birthday year.
It's been an eventful week, we've been out and about A LOT, and are finally trying to catch up on sleep and housecleaning. I wonder if I'll make it to Hobby Lobby with the kids this afternoon. It's hard being the only parent around, especially since I don't handle being tackled very well, unlike their daddy!
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment