#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto;}
We aren't stunning. We aren't usually interesting. We probably aren't normal. But we love each other, and we love where God has us right now. Come visit us, here or in REAL life, and we will sit down and talk. Somehow, we hope you'll be blessed.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Mind of a Child

I listened in on this conversation during lunch today:

Ethan: "Caty, when you grow up, you're going to get married, then you'll have a baby in YOUR tummy."

Caty: "I'm going to marry you, Ethan."

Ethan: "Well, the dads get to decide who they're going to marry, and I haven't decided yet who I'm going to pick."

I couldn't help but giggle. Not sure where he got the idea that only the guys decide. Caty had no response to that one. Poor girl.

Here's a sampling, just a smidge, of ALL the questions we've been fielding over the last 24 hours from the kids. It's exhausting! ...

*Where is heaven?
*Is heaven on a cloud?
*What is in the sky? ... No, what is IN the sky?
*What is in the sun?
*Can we walk on the planets? (apparently I'm ignorant on planet walking. Jason informed me that Mars has still not been walked on.)
*Where do the rockets start?
*When can we ride to outer space?
*Is a rocket as fast as a cheetah?
*Is it bumpy in a rocket?
(intermission so we can watch Ethan run as fast as a cheetah.)
*Do cheetahs like to race people? (I laughed at that one.)
*Where is the train? (as we cross a train track)
*Why is that place called Monkey Joe's?
*Mom, when are you going to die?

Seriously, this is tiring! I think his mind is going more than a mile a minute! I think 98% of those questions were from Ethan!

No comments:

Post a Comment